Accomplish LM, Extract PBA, and Titan XC contain concentrated biochemistry that helps growers increase nutrient availability to their crop, enhance root growth and functioning, and improve overall plant performance. But, what exactly is biochemistry?
Biochemistry is the chemistry of life. It is created by, in, and from living organisms, such as soil microbes. A number of different biochemistries are created by soil microbes—each serving an important role in soil microbial functioning, and even in plant functioning.
- Enzymes to break down organic matter or transform N for energy
- Proteins to signal changes in microbe response
- Antibiotics to reduce competition
- Chelators to mobilize nutrients
- Other compounds to induce plant rooting, change physiological functions, induce immune responses, or increase salt tolerance
By controlling the flow of information between soil microorganisms, biochemistry acts to regulate their activity in everything from the breakdown of bound nutrition to the metabolism of individual microbes.
You can learn more about biochemistry and its role in plant health by downloading our booklet, Understanding Soil Microbiology & Biochemistry.